Clancy’s owner Bob Bower, started the business with his lifelong friend and business namesake Pat Clancy in November of 1987. After nearly four months of paint, plaster and sweat the doors were opened on St. Patricks day in 1988. Bob Bower, a native Oregonian, (Benson Poly-tech, P.S.U. alumni) and wife Jeannie (passed Easter of 07') took over all operations in November of 88′.
Jeannie Bower, whose comfort food recipes have remained the backbone of the menu for nearly 21 years was classicly trained by her mother, who for years was Chef D’ Parte at the original St. Vincents hospital. Bob & Jeannie’s son Allen, who started with Clancy's in 1991 has continuously refined and expanded on his family’s food and beverage offerings.
Bob Bower, working with local participants, personally developed and implemented his concept for the very first Cruisin' Sherwood Car show. Ensuring its longevity by managing its growth throughout the first five years with help from Rod Runners West of Tigard, and fellow old town merchants. 20 years later Cruisin' Sherwood is still the largest single event in the old town area.
Clancy's has and will continue to be a longtime supporter of Sherwood athletics.
Allen Bower, Bob's son, returns as General Manager after 6 years in S.F. Bay area. He has made several staffing changes, new menu items, sides and specialty beverages and now we are open for breakfast 7 days a week.
- Allen's newest kitchen specialties include a hand-cut filet mignon, hearty Irish Stew and our amazing Halibut Fish Tacos.
- Our famous clam chowder now available everyday.
- What was once our dinner menu is now available everyday from 11am to close.
- Ala carte offering on our dinner favorites like razor clams, pan-fried oysters
- Dry aged steaks, fresh steamer clams, mussels as well as a few new sandwiches and specialty burgers to go with our famous halibut fish and chips.
- Old Town Trivia has moved to every Tuesday night at 7:00pm and 2nd Saturday at 9:00pm
Other plans for the near future
· Plans to expand 24th anniversary party and St. Patrick's Day Celebration.
· Plans to feature more local wines and beers.
· Re-opening the patio for the season